2018 Showcase of SchoolsNovember 10, 2018 | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Indiana State Museum
Education at Indianapolis Public Schools is a well-rounded experience!
With more than 70 schools — from Pre-K through Grade 12 — offering a variety of proven learning methods and styles, unique and traditional extracurricular activities, and a direct focus on post-secondary success, there’s a perfect school for every child at IPS.
Find out which school is the right fit for your child and how students #LearnLarge at IPS during the 5th Annual IPS Showcase of Schools.
All-Choice High Schools
Explore the variety of program options from College- and Career-Themed Academies to the yearlong study-abroad program to Thailand to industry certifications. Learn how the IPS Future Centers at each high school help prepare students for the district’s 3E’s (enrollment, enlistment or employment upon graduation).
Staff from all IPS schools (choice, innovation, neighborhood, Pre-K through high school) will be available to talk to parents, guardians and students about academic programming, extracurricular activities and more to help you choose the right school for your child.
Showcase is your chance to learn about IPS schools, programs and services before enrolling in the districtwide Choice Application Lottery. Inside the Enrollment Suite, parents can apply onsite to schools and receive assistance from the staff of Enroll Indy and the IPS Office of Enrollment and Options.
The new Resource Central area at Showcase will feature representatives from Student Services, IPS Food Service, Athletics, Special Education, English as a Second Language (ESL), Transportation and more. These experts will be available to answer questions and provide useful materials to take home.
Navigating Showcase of Schools
Overwhelmed by the variety of choices and things to do at Showcase of Schools? Don’t be!
Navigating the district’s largest education/enrollment fair is easy with a little inside knowledge.
Grab a Showcase program, locate the school(s) you’re interested in and visit each one to learn about the academics, extracurricular activities and more.
Don’t forget to pick up a Showcase of Schools passport, which helps you navigate the event but also gives you access to free parking if you obtain all of the stamps needed. Completed passports must be returned to the Information Desk on the first floor to receive a parking voucher.
To get the full Showcase experience, visit at least one elementary, middle and high school, and check out all of the cool resources. Eighth-grade students/families, be sure to visit all IPS high schools and programs.
Visit the IPS Enrollment Suite (2nd Floor) to apply to our exciting Choice schools, sign up for an IPS neighborhood school, or create an account through Enroll Indy for later use.
Enjoy Showcase amenities, including student performances and free admission to ISM galleries/exhibits.
Families Are Choosing IPS Because…
With multiple school choices throughout central Indiana, families have options when it comes to education. Many, however, are choosing Indianapolis Public Schools!
As the largest school district in Indiana, IPS cares about the whole child.
- Academic Rigor through a variety of renowned learning methods, Advanced Placement (AP) classes, College- and Career-Themed Academies and pathways, career technical education and certifications, as well as dual college credits and high-ability programs.
- Extracurricular Activities via sports for students as young as kindergarten to a variety of clubs and community service options.
- Free, Nutritious Meals for breakfast and lunch, and even dinner at some schools. Lunch shaming doesn’t exist at IPS, where all meals throughout the school day are free — as well as during holiday breaks and inclement weather days.
- Comprehensive Special Education services, which help to level the planning field for students with learning and physical challenges. IPS also offers community-based life skills classrooms.
- World Languages for students who are interested in becoming multilingual, as well as English as a Second Language programming to help students new to the United States quickly acclimate to their new homeland.
And so much more!
Join us at the Indiana State Museum!
Indianapolis Public Schools is back at the Indiana State Museum, 650 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN. 46204, for the 2018 Showcase of Schools. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018.
The district’s largest school education/enrollment fair is free and open to the public. Our guests will also receive free admission into museum exhibits for the day, free parking with a completed Showcase of Schools passport, and a host of resource materials from various IPS departments and community partners to take home.